Friday, July 19, 2013

Do All Dogs Go to Heaven?

There was a song I learned while attending Christian life meetings in college back in the 1970's during my days as a college student on the campus of McMurry College in Abilene, Texas.  We used to sing it all the time and it went something like this ...

 
Heaven is a wonderful place
Filled with Glory and Grace
I want to see my Savior's Face
Heaven is a Wonderful Place - I want to go there.
 
Repeat Song
 
The song always made me think of heaven as pie in the sky, a place where we go after we die.  While Heaven is all that - I've learned over the years that Heaven is more than all that.  Heaven is also the ham where I am.  Jesus once said that the kingdom of God (heaven) does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:21


What this means for me is that we don't enter heaven getting our ticket punched on the gospel train, knowing that God will tell us when the train is ready to leave, but heaven is a place whose journey begins within us.  It's a journey of the heart where God creates heaven in our heart, giving us a new way to live and serve, thus creating places of heaven on earth, a foreshadowing of s world we'll enjoy when we go to heaven!


But, do all dogs go to heaven?  Now there's a question I will address this Sunday in worship at the 11 a.m. sanctuary service.  Why not come and bring a friend as we explore the topic together.  See you Sunday!


Dennis 

No comments:

Post a Comment