Friday, May 27, 2011

Thought on "Heaven is for Real"

I've been reading the book, Heaven is For Real, by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent. It's a fascinating book, based on a true story of a four year old boy who,during an emergency,falls into an unconscious state, and when he awakens, says he has been to heaven and back. It is a fascinating read and not complicated. No matter what you think of the book, its worth your time to read. For some, they will read the book with doubt and skepticism; while others will read it for inspiration and hope. As for me, what I found most intriguing about the book is the one constant phrase the little boy kept coming back to in saying, "Jesus really cares about the children." Interesting that this comes from the voice of one who is a child himself. I'm sure everybody will have a different take on it, but for me, I like to think this affirms the amazing, personal love that God has for each person. The creator of the cosmos loves each one of us. God really does. Perhaps the key is in what Jesus said in Matthew 19:14, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them,for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Maybe the key to knowing God is in learning to become like children - or to put it another way - to become his child once again.

Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment